Link to Sermon Audio: 10/22/17 Sermon Audio
When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in[a] man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” 4 The Nephilim[b] were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.
5 The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.”
What does hell look like?
– Hell looks like strange marriages and evil hearts
– Who are the sons of God and daughters of men?
– Jeremiah 23:14 & Jeremiah 17:9
– Genesis 2:8 & Genesis 6:5 “fashioning” (Hebrew, yasar)
Connect with Us
– After service with our deacons to discuss serving opportunities and with our elders to ask questions about following Jesus.
– Book of the Month: you can either borrow or buy a book on the resource table.
– Community Group in Woodbridge on Tuesdays, 7 pm @ Choi home
– Men’s Group on Wednesdays, 4 pm @ Panera Bread (Culver and Barranca)
– Mike and Nico Co for Saturday Bible Study for adults and youth
– Erick Reyes for Saturday Friends and Family Outdoor Group
– Ryan and Krista Bartolome if you are interested in starting a group
– Families Forward “Thanksgiving Basket” Thanksgiving Food Drive on November 12.
– “Erasing Hell” we invite you to read God’s Word using the 7 day Bible reading plan provided by Francis Chan and Preston Sprinkle https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/1290-erasing-hell-by-francis-chan
– Connect with us on Facebook www.facebook.com/centerchurchirvine/