[Sermon summary from 7/2/17’s Sunday Service]
Link to Sermon audio: 7/2/17 Sermon Audio
Diverse. Mysterious. Whole.
Trinity is a journey into a loving community that is diverse, mysterious and whole.
1. A journey
And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
– Biblical doctrine of Trinity is important in life just as accurate map is crucial in a hiking trip
2. A loving community
1 John 4:7-8
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
– Biblical description of love establishes independence, interdependence, and dependence
3. Diverse, mysterious, and whole
John 10:30 & 20:22
30 I and the Father are one.”
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
– Father, Son, and Spirit are different and distinct persons
– Father, Son, and Spirit are God
– Father, Son, and Spirit are one
Community Group Questions
We make everyday followers of Jesus by meet ups throughout the week. Currently we meet on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. For more info, visit Community Groups.
1. What is the problem with the modern spirit that prides itself in science and progress?
2. Why do we need a loving community to get to know God of the Bible?
3. Who helps us to know the Triune God?
We learn to pray as a family of God and encourage a culture of dependence and delight in God’s presence throughout the week.
- Pray for community groups to take summer as opportunities to invite people and be intentional in creating safe, healthy relationships that point to the Father, the Son, and the Spirit.
- Pray for Jonah Park as he leaves for North India on a short term mission trip.
Reading the Bible
We follow the story of God in the midst of everyday episodes of making followers of Jesus.
- Read “Major Beliefs” Bible Reading Plan (65 days) from Lives Changed By Christ church.
This is a 65 day plan that focuses on some of our core beliefs in Christianity. The Major Beliefs plan is a great way to learn what the Bible says about the Trinity, Satan & Sin, our Humanity, Salvation, the Church, Baptism, and much more. This plan follows a 5 day reading schedule, then two days off.
Visit www.bible.com for a free Bible and the reading plans.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
– Worship at the Park on July 30 (Sun), 11 am – 3 pm, @ Oak Creek Community Park located at 15616 Valley Oak Irvine, CA 92618